“Workshop C, led by Neil Munro, CRS Insights LTD was good in the sense that it raised my awareness (for instance, regarding data ownership and custody).”
About this Summit
The Consumer Data Right and Open Banking initiatives are leading sweeping changes for financial services and the wider economy – but where are we now? Featuring global and cross-industry perspectives, Open Banking Australia on 26 September in Sydney, gathers industry decision-makers to discuss economy-wide interconnections and how to succeed in the new environment for financial services.
We will debate evolving practices in data protection and ownership, monetisation strategies, approaches for engaging consumers and more. Open Banking Australia is an early opportunity to analyse July’s introduction of the Comprehensive Credit Review, and to hear speakers share insights from their experience of Open Banking in other markets and industries.
“Very interesting and inspiring”
Topics that were discussed:
- Keynote interview with regulators designing the open economy legislation
- Tangible strategies for moving beyond compliance and monetising Open Banking
- Global and cross-industry use cases on collaboration and bilateral partnerships
- Analysing customer behaviour, education and trust in Open Banking
- Data protection and identity verification in the open system
- Liability for incorrect or misdirected payments and data breaches
- Developing mutually beneficial partnerships to offer targeted services
- Empowering consumers and improving economy-wide competition through a universal and interconnected framework
- The future of competitive banking in Australia